At the Diablo summit, there were several people who expressed interest in using
OpenStack to do bare-metal provisioning of nodes as an alternative to
virtualization. We're using this approach at ISI to support Tilera hardware.
Our implementation is Tilera-specific, but we'd like to build a more general
solution so people could use it for other backends, and to support interfacing
with existing provisioning solutions such as xCat, Perceus, and Heckle.

I've set up a group on Launchpad with a mailing list for those who are
interested in this type of functionality to discuss backends.

Web page: https://launchpad.net/~nova-bare-metal

Take care,

Lorin
--