On Jul 11, 2011, at 4:21 PM, Christopher MacGown wrote:

> What happens when you've shared the primary IPv6 address of a VM with another
> VM? To which VM does the primary key point to? I think overloading the IPv6
> address to also mean the primary key is probably a mistake that will cause
> serious trouble with network-as-a-service portability.

        When each instance is created, it is assigned a unique IPv6 /96
address. The ::0 is then assigned to the PK for that instance. If you later
change the network address of the instance, its PK doesn't change.

        Also, isn't shared IPs a thing of the past with IPv6? I thought we
weren't going to be supporting that in nova.

-- Ed Leafe

This email may include confidential information. If you received it in error,
please delete it.