On Tue, Aug 23, 2011 at 09:09:46AM -0700, Monty Taylor wrote:
> Hi Thomas!
>
> Packaging for nova is _currently_ (like, this morning) on launchpad - as
> is all of nova dev. (this will be changing soon) However, we do not keep
> packaging in the upstream source tree.
>
> However, I'm working on rolling out an all new and improved packaging
> tooling that should make it easier for you to collaborate with us
> (git-buildpackage is certainly involved- as are builds for debian hosts)
>
> Gimme, like, 4 more hours and I'll have something to point you at as far
> as that goes.
>
> However, in the mean time, packaging can be found at:
>
> lp:~openstack-ubuntu-packagers/nova/ubuntu
>
> Monty
<SNIP>

Hi Monty,

This change has come to a complete surprise to us, when was this
planned and what work is going into this?

Having spent quite some time ensuring we had good collaboration on
the packaging, with agreed processes - this seems to be different to
what we were expecting.

Please can you confirm the current plan, or point me to the blueprint
 or wiki page where this was planned so I can catch up.

Thanks.

Kind Regards,
Dave Walker