Hi Mohammed,

On Tue, Jan 24, 2012 at 11:51 AM, Mohammad Banikazemi <m...@us.ibm.com> wrote:

>  Using the Dashboard GUI (on an openstack install on a single machine
> using devstack with Quantum and OVS) and user Demo, I can create new
> networks by using the button "Networks" under the Network section. A
> message says the network was created and an ID is shown. However, I do not
> see anything happening at Nova-network side or any other services.
>  No entry is created in the "networks" table of the nova database but the
> "networks" table of ovs_quantum has a new entry for the new network. When I
> click on the ID of the newly created network I get the message that the
> details were not found and the Nova network service reports that it could
> not find that network. What am I missing?

The Quantum integration with Horizon needs some work.  Most importantly, it
doesn't play nicely with Quantum Manager.  We've been looking for
volunteers to get it in good shape again.  Would love to make progress on
this in E-4 if anyone is interested (hint, hint!)

> I want to have two users have two different networks where only the VMs
> from each user can communicate with each other. Right now, the VMs created
> for Admin and Demo are all on the same network and can see each other. How
> do I go about doing this? Thanks.

You can do this by creating project specific networks with "nova-manage
network create" and passing a --project_id flag that specifies the integer
ID for the project (note: the docs indicate that this project_id can be a
string, but that is no longer the case.  This was a recently discovered bug
and we will be updating the docs for essex-3).   Note: you will also need
to prevent stack.sh from creating its default network (or delete it
afterward), since this network has no project specified and is thus a
global network that all VMs will get a NIC on.

See the Quantum Admin Guide for more details on creating private and global
networks:
http://docs.openstack.org/incubation/openstack-network/admin/content/QuantumManager-d1e450.html

Dan