The VMware support is in _much_ better shape than the Hyper-V support.  We
haven't done much to it in the last few weeks (focusing on XenServer support
right now) but we've been actively using it from stable/diablo and early essex.
 Sateesh did some fixups to it when the multinic support went in, and it was in
good shape then.

There's certainly no need to remove it.  It's clearly not tier 1 like XenServer
and KVM, but it's in decent enough shape.

Cheers,

Ewan.