Because at least some OpenStack projects use log files for more than
just error messages, there may not be a one-size-fits all answer to
this. I agree strongly with point 1 below but have also gotten a lot of
value from generic web searching of error snippets from log files,
including searches of the bug databases.
On 2/20/2012 10:41 AM, Ahn, Jaesuk wrote:
We have a small discussion at OpenStack Korea Community about logging in local
Most of participants said that they prefers having logging message in English
1. Logging messages are searchable keywords. Having a single entry point for
searching is important.
2. Keeping the exact translation for logging message is very important for the
localization. It is not an easy task to do.
- It would be helpful if we can have a place (website) to look-up for the
- It would be good if each error message has corresponding error code, and
a look-up website to search for localized translation with the error-code.
- It is also possible that we can have an option to generate localized
error message along with original English message.
- Having an official website to put feedback, related information,
possible cause of error message in various languages is more important than
having translated logging message.
This is just an opinion from small set of developers in Korea Community.
We are happy to join a discussion on this subject at Folsom design summit, or
we can try to gather much broader consensus on this subject within Korea
Mailing list: https://launchpad.net/~openstack
Post to : email@example.com
Unsubscribe : https://launchpad.net/~openstack
More help : https://help.launchpad.net/ListHelp