On Thu, 2012-03-01 at 14:05 -0500, Adam Young wrote:
> The traffic in an Openstack deployment to a Keystone server is going
> to be about two orders of magnitude less than any other traffic, and
> is highly unlikely to be the bottleneck.

Not quite.  I wrote this up, back in November:

  http://etherpad.openstack.org/keystone-scalability

Since then, of course, Keystone has gone through some major cleanups
that have improved its efficiency, but, as Vish pointed out in the other
thread, every service still has to hit Keystone to verify a given token,
which makes Keystone have the highest number of hits for any given
operation…which in turn makes it *the* most likely bottleneck.
--
Kevin L. Mitchell <kevin.mitch...@rackspace.com>