To make the notifiers common, the QAL / RPC will also have to be made common.
The Glance code for notifications currently implements queue/rpc-implementation
specific notifiers, so this might not be a bad thing…

If there is an effort to move the RPC into openstack.common, then I would like
to be involved, if only as a reviewer to ensure the queue abstraction layer
makes it over safely. [I still question if we need an rpc.notify()…]

--
Eric Windisch