Ignoring issues of Ram . I have a number of questions as the following model:

My node-1's resource as the following:

   CPU : 4 core
   RAM: 4 GB.

Now , My Node-1 is hosting 4 instances:

   3 instance: (each VM: 1 core CPU, 2 GB ram,..).
   2 instance(i-00000001, i-00000002) is turn of and 1 instance(i-00000003) is
   running.
   1 instance : (1 core CPU, 1 GB ram).
   It is running.(i-00000004)

I request new ínstance by the euca-run-instance command. My new instance (
i-00000005) is located on the node 1. This is the problem for the
nova-scheduler.

What is happen ? If I reboot 2 instances : i-00000001,i-00000002.

How do we manage this problem in Openstack ?

I think that: My 2 instances (i-00000001 , i-00000002) should be migrated to the
rest available resources as node-2 and node-3.

If not, it's actually very difficult to manage and reboot the instances which
are turned off. And their resources-allocated will be reused for the new
instances.

----- Thông điệp gốc : -----
Gửi từ : Vishvananda Ishaya [vishvana...@gmail.com]

Gửi lúc : 12/04/2012 11:43 PM

Gửi tới : openstack@lists.launchpad.net;vishvana...@gmail.com

Chủ đ�� : Re: [Openstack] The Scheduling feature when reboot the
instance

No this does not exist. If you are going to overprovision ram, you should
probably make sure that you have swap enabled on your host.

Vish