If you wanted to use Yagi, it would be trivial to add a JSON only notifier to
Yagi. If you're interested and need a hand, feel free to hit Dragon or I for
assistance.

From: Monsyne Dragon <mdra...@rackspace.com<mailto:mdra...@rackspace.com>>
Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2012 16:39:08 +0000
To: Luis Gervaso <l...@woorea.es<mailto:l...@woorea.es>>
Cc: "<openstack@lists.launchpad.net<mailto:openstack@lists.launchpad.net>>"
<openstack@lists.launchpad.net<mailto:openstack@lists.launchpad.net>>
Subject: Re: [Openstack] Monitoring / Billing Architecture proposed

This already exists in trunk.  The Notification system was designed
specifically to feed billing and monitoring systems.

Basically, we don't want Nova/Glance/etc to be in the business of trying to
determine billing logic, since it is different for pretty much everyone,  so we
just emit notifications to a queue and the interested pull what they want, and
aggregate according to their own rules.