Creating a contract on the private API will allow the external APIs to be
created and tested without needing a translation layer, even if contributory
APIs were developed outside of the project (such as in AWSOME).

It is clearly better, architecturally, if the EC2/OCCI apis can access the
internal apis directly. The RPC and database can be made to scale in Nova, but
a REST endpoint won't be as reliable or scale as well.

--
Eric Windisch