On Apr 25, 2012, at 7:44 PM, Michael March wrote:

> I just curious. Is anyone using the VMware functionality in OpenStack?
>
> I'm getting the feeling that it is more of a 'check box' thing of "yeah, we
> have that hypervisor covered" than something that's seriously being used.
>
> If my feeling is wrong, I'd like to know.

I am hoping some commercial interests take over the esx hypervisor.  It is
definitely behind kvm and xen, and I think this is only because no one is
committing development resources to improve it.  The other hypervisors seem to
get more support.  Hyper-V will be coming back because Microsoft has made a big
commitment to it. Hopefully vmware or some other commercial entity cares enough
to start really putting development effort into it.

Vish