Hi list!

I would like to know if someone has tested juju with Essex. I've installed
OpenStack using Ubuntu 12.04 and its packages (Essex). The nova components
are working fine. I can create and destroy instances. So I'm using Juju
from a 11.10 Oneiric. I've made some modifications in my environment.yaml
configuration file to work with keystone. In my first tests I could
bootstrap, creating a new instance. However, some problems that I'm having
now:

1) Juju and nova aren't creating secgroup-rules in the right way. I can see
new secgroup-rules, like juju-sample, juju-sample-0 and so on. But, when I
list the rules, there are NO rules. The immediately impact is that when
running 'juju status' the host is not able to access the instances created
by juju. If I go to dashboard and add access with the right ports, so juju
gets working.

2) The host running juju 'should' know how to resolve the instance names,
like server-8, server-10 to address from cloud network. How we need to deal
with it? Host running juju has to use the same DNS that serves the cloud?
I've changed the dhcp configuration in juju host to add the address of nova
network that runs a dnsmasq and knows how to resolve these names. Is this
the right way? Recommendations?

Thanks!

--
- MSc. Correa, J.L.