So my first question is around this. So is the claim is that the client tools
are the default interface for the applications? While that works for coders in
python, what about people using other languages? Even then, there's no
guarantee that the clients in different languages are implemented in the same
way. Tempest was designed originally because while it does use an abstraction
between the API and the tests, there is nothing to "assist" the user by
retrying and the like. While I think there's a place for writing tests using
the command line clients, to me that would be a smoke test of a client and not
as much a smoke test of the API.

Daryl