On Wed, 09 May 2012 18:18:52 +0200
Ionuț Arțăriși <iartar...@suse.cz> wrote:

> It would be great to have it on 1.2b3, though.

I think I had a pretty good start, here:
 https://review.openstack.org/7569

Not sure if I am doing the right thing, however. I split it like this:

 - Proxy server does a lot of processing and checking of the keys,
   so it needs to operate on byte strings, not the unicode (it may
   be fixed up, but I found it too hard). So, I just force "unicode"
   strings that are actually UTF-8 with each UTF-8 byte taking 1
   unicode symbol. This is totally wrong, but it works. If someone
   can cook up an alternative patch, I'm all for it. Note that this
   permits Proxy to work on keys that are binary garbage, in case
   of e.g. LFS.

 - Object, Container, and Account are fixed up to work on Unicode
   in Pythonic way. One side effect of this is that they ONLY accept
   UTF-8 encoded keys now. It appears that they verify such, so I am
   not breaking any compatibility, I think.

Would love to see any fixes, objections, additions, etc.

-- Pete