Ok, in fact it seems that is the action "plymouth-upstart-bridge" that is responsible for such.
I'm still digging, I don't really know why it prevents the server for halting/ rebooting

21 mai 2012 11:15
Hi guys, I'm testing essex in an AIO solution (on a vmware VM)

After researches by elimination, I noticed  libvirt-bin libvirt0, when installed (dependency of nova-compute and nova-compute-qemu/kvm), the server no longer either boots or restarts (no matter the used command : shutdown -h now, reboot, poweroff, shutdown 0, etc..), it hangs on acpid:exiting
I use Ubuntu-server 12.04 LTS up-to-date

Have you noticed such behaviour ?
best regards,
Razique

--