Good morning,

I wanted to announce that we have the first strawman/draft of a V3 API for
Keystone available for comment and feedback. This is an early draft, and I
expect there to be more than one.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1s9C4EMxIZ55kZr62CKEC9ip7He_Q4_g1KRfSk9hY-Sg/edit

The general theme of this proposal is a broad CRUD based API supporting
authentication and authorization needs in OpenStack. Back-end implementations
of Keystone may not support all components of the API, hence an API return may
be NotImplemented. This is to support Keystone as a programmatic facade to an
deployment’s existing authentication and authorization system(s).
Themes for changes:

        • different style of pagination that I hope will be more effective for
UI work
        • consolidate CRUD operations currently in contrib into CORE
        • adding a "url" resource attribute that's the fully qualified resource
location for the keystone service
        • flatten the service catalog structure
        • added in a domains (collection of tenants)
        • restructure role API calls to be specific to user->tenant or
user->domain
        • tokens are now very explicit to user+tenant combinations
        • new API mechanisms to get tenants associated with a user
        • generalized credentials associated with a user/tenant combo (ec2,
pki, ssh keys, etc)
        • propose an extended policy-implementation-specific API

If you're interested, please review and provide feedback through the above
Google Doc, or feel free to open broader discussion questions here on the list.

-joe