On 05/25/2012 08:41 AM, Simon G. wrote:
Hello,

I don't want to be rude, but fast research about point *3c* and sockets
=> PyPi search
<http://pypi.python.org/pypi?%3Aaction=search&term=socket.io&submit=search>

  * http://pypi.python.org/pypi/SocketTornad.IO/
  * http://pypi.python.org/pypi/TornadIO2/0.0.3 ,
    https://github.com/MrJoes/tornadio2
  * http://pypi.python.org/pypi/django-socketio/0.3.3
  * http://mrjoes.github.com/2011/12/15/sockjs-bench.html

How mature are those projects? I don't know. I'm not an expert in
python. I'm just trying to find alternatives to Node.js if almost
everything is in python. I'm just testing Openstack and right now I'm
trying to add something to nova, but I really like horizon and if it's
possible, I'd like to avoid node.js. I'm not a fan of this technology
even if it's popular and fast, because I just have some doubts about
Javascript and its maintainability.

Hi Simon,

socket.io is a Javascript library :) 3 of the 4 projects you reference above use socket.io.

Best,
-jay