> http://wiki.openstack.org/CommonLibrary#Incubation

Once an api is in incubation, if you make a change to it, you are expected to
update all the other openstack projects (not just core projects?) to make them
work with the new api. Am I understanding this requirement correctly? If so,
how is the incubation process supposed to make things better in terms of my
concerns about nova.rpc?

I just want to be able to make improvements to some of our programming
practices without having to have a deep involvement with every openstack
project. As a corporate sponsored developer, every extra bit of work I have to
add in to a cleanup / technical debt / programming style task makes it harder
to convince people to let me work on it during work hours. Every strategy I can
think of to work around this extra difficulty would potentially run afoul of
your pursuit of code conformity and reuse. That's why I keep pushing back on
os-common.