Starting a new thread for this topic...

On Wed, Jun 6, 2012 at 5:43 AM, Nick Barcet <nick.bar...@canonical.com>wrote:

> On 06/05/2012 09:03 PM, Doug Hellmann wrote:
>

> >     >
> >     >     Right now we only have one interval for all polling. Do you
> >     think we
> >     >     need to add support for polling different values at different
> >     >     intervals? Do we need other per-agent settings, or are all of
> the
> >     >     settings the same for all agents? (I had assumed the latter
> >     would be
> >     >     all we needed.)
> >
> >     I would have thought that we may want to support different intervals
> per
> >     meters, based on the billing rules that one may want to offer.  For
> >     example, I may want to bill compute by the hour but floating IPs by
> the
> >     day, hence have a different reporting interval for each.
> >

> > I was planning to aggregate the values for items being billed over the
> > longer time frames, but we can make the polling interval configurable.
> > It will take some work, because of the way the scheduled tasks are
> > configured in the service and manager (right now we just schedule one
> > method to run, and it invokes each pollster).
> >
> > How important is it to include this in Folsom?
>
> Not crucial.  I would classify this as "Nice to have".

We need a ticket to track this. It's going to require some work on the
agent service, because right now the code that loads the plugins doesn't
have access to the object that knows how to run jobs at regular intervals.
I would rather have a complete tool that works at a single interval, then
cycle. Is that going to meet your needs?

Doug