So, I understand the rationales, and I think of those three options the one
chosen is the most reasonable. I'm gonna just come out and say I hate this
whole idea, but let's set this aside for a minute 'cuz I have a genuine
question:

What will the process be for merging changes to this requirements list? Having
yet another roadblock to getting your contribution merged is a huge developer
disincentive. We're really making it exceptionally hard for new contributors,
and frustrating even for the old hands.

So, with the goal of making the coordinated management of the projects
possible, what can we do to respect developers?

    - Gabriel