On 07/30/2012 12:48 PM, George Reese wrote:
> Thanks for this and a number of other suggestions. I am giving them a try.
>
> Just a note though: some of the things that appear to work are
> inconsistent with other server actions in structure (os-stop vs. pause
> vs. os-start vs. reboot).

Yeah, definitely. The difference is what is in the core OpenStack
Compute v2 API vs. what is an the Compute API as an extension. The idea
being that extensions get "baked" in the python-novaclient and in the
community and after some baking time will get moved into the core API.
If you see stuff that looks like "os-XXXX", that's an extension.

Agreed it needs some cleanup and this is probably a good a time as ever
to ask when the Nova community plans to "make official" some of these
oft-used extensions to the Compute API?

Best,
-jay