Hi everyone,

We're planning the next OpenStack Summit, October 15-18, and wanted share the
current thinking around tracks/topics and get input.

Based on the feedback from the last event, people wanted more design summit
working sessions, more conference-style sessions (presentations/panels) and
more hands-on workshops. To accommodate more content overall, the previously
separate Design Summit (3 days) and Conference (2 days) events now run in
parallel as one OpenStack Summit (4 days). You can review the original
community discussion about the format change here
--http://www.openstack.org/blog/2012/06/openstack-summit-coming-october-15th-19th-to-san-diego-ca/

This means if you're a developer attending the Design Summit, you would attend
Monday - Thursday. If you're a technical practitioner, you may also want to
attend all four days for the Operations Summit (we're dedicating more time to
it this year) and workshops happening Monday and Thursday. But for the majority
of folks, the main days of the Summit with keynote speakers and
presentations/panels will be Tuesday and Wednesday.

We have a public google doc with the list of proposed tracks, including the
Design Summit topics, and a short description of each.  We've also included a
proposed schedule to give a general idea how things would run, but there might
be some minor adjustments.

Proposed Tracks & Schedule:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AmUn0hzC1InKdEtNWVpRckt4R0Z0Q0Z3SUc1cUtDQXc#gid=0

Speaking submissions for the conference-style content are live
http://www.openstack.org/summit/san-diego-2012/call-for-speakers/ (basically
everything except the Design Summit working sessions which will open for
submissions in the next few weeks), and the deadline is August 30.  New this
time around, we want to publish all of the conference-style submissions for
community vote (similar to SXSW panel picker if you're familiar), which would
go live early September.  We are also planning to have track chairs from
various disciplines and organizations help fill in the gaps and shape out the
rest of the schedule.

Please take a look at the google doc, and we would appreciate any feedback on
the current tracks -- whether the topic is not necessary or needs less time,
there's something missing, or the definition/scope could be changed.

Thanks!
Lauren