On 05/09/12 12:19 +0200, Nick Barcet wrote:
**** PLEASE NOTE THE NEW MEETING TIME, ONE HOUR EARLIER ****

The metering project team holds a meeting in #openstack-meeting,
Thursdays at 1500 UTC
<http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?hour=16&min=0&sec=0>.

It's at 1am now (I might make it periodically).

Everyone is welcome.

Agenda:
http://wiki.openstack.org/Meetings/MeteringAgenda

* Review last week's actions
 - dhellmann to move summit proposal outlines to the wiki and
   email links to the dev mailing list
 - nijaba to open a bug for cookbook and assign to jaypipes
 - nijaba to add architecture image to project /doc rather than link
   from google
 - nijaba to include a comment in the rst file linking to the google
   document where you build the image, so we can remember where it is
   later
* Discussion on session proposal for the summit
 http://wiki.openstack.org/EfficientMetering/GrizzlySummit
* Discussion on alternating meeting time to allow presence from down
 under

Well thanks for trying. I guess I am the only one down this end.

The main things I'd like to achieve is to add alarms and monitoring
to ceilometer.
To achieve this we would need:
- auth on api so normal users can access it.
- ablility to post custom data via a rest api
- ablility to increase the polling frequency on selected resources
  (this could it's self be metered and charged for)
- add alarms and alarm history
- add a notification mechanism - could just be rpc / http hook

I am happy to wait for summit and discuss it there. I see you
have added a wiki entry for it (let my know if you need me to do anything more to make this happen):
http://wiki.openstack.org/EfficientMetering/GrizzlySummit/BeyondMetering

I added this a while ago:
http://wiki.openstack.org/AddingAlarmsToCeilometer

Regards
Angus

* Open discussion

If you are not able to attend or have additional topic you would like to
cover, please update the agenda on the wiki.

Cheers,
--
Nick Barcet <nick.bar...@canonical.com>
aka: nijaba, nicolas