Hi Andrew,

Is this for glance or nova ?

For nova change:

state_path = /var/lib/nova
lock_path = /var/lib/nova/tmp

in your nova.conf

For glance I'm unsure, may be easier to just mount gluster right onto
/var/lib/glance (similarly could do the same for /var/lib/nova).

And just my £0.02 I've had no end of problems getting gluster to "play
nice" on small POC clusters (3 - 5 nodes, I've tried nfs tried glusterfs,
tried 2 replica N distribute setups with many a random glusterfs death), as
such I have opted for using ceph.

ceph's rados can also be used with cinder from the brief reading I've been
doing into it.

Cheers

David