Thats not working for me.

My module is installed in
/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/horizon/dashboards/settings as 'ec2list', it
is in the python path so thats not the issue.

overrides.py looks like this:
------------
import horizon
import logging

settings= horizon.get_dashboard('settings')

LOG = logging.getLogger(__name__)

import ec2list

try:
        settings.register(ec2list)
except Exception as exc:
        LOG.debug("Error registering ec2list panel: %s" % exc)
-------------

I've also tried using ec2list.__class__, but then I get the following error:
"Error registering ec2list panel: Only Panel classes or subclasses may be
registered."

However, my ec2list Panel is a valid panel, as is evident by the fact that when
I put it directly into the settings/dashboard.py file list of panels, it works
just fine.  Here is the panel.py file:

------
from django.utils.translation import ugettext_lazy as _

import horizon
from horizon.dashboards.settings import dashboard

class EC2ListPanel(horizon.Panel):
        name = _("EC2 List Credentials")
        slug = 'ec2list'

dashboard.Settings.register(EC2ListPanel)
---------