On 2013-04-13, at 5:24 PM, Dolph Mathews <dolph.math...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hmm, well it looks like you already have debug enabled, which is indicating
> that the username + password combination is bad (if debug was disabled, you'd
> get a much more opaque error message). The tenant name you specified would
> not have been checked yet. If 'admin' appears in your keystone user-list,
> then the password is definitely wrong.

Success! I deleted the admin user and then recreated it using a new, unique
password. I removed OS_SERVICE_TOKEN and OS_SERVICE_ENDPOINT from my
environment. Then I did 'keystone token-get' and got a proper response!

Thanks so much for the suggestion, Dolph. One further question: Is the "id"
part of the received token supposed to be ridiculously long? I got an id that
is 836 characters long! The examples in "Verifying the Identity Service
Installation" are the same length as the user_id: 32 characters. I just want to
be sure everything is working as it should.

Thanks,
Daniel