I agree. The naming convention should not be a barrier to adoption of the
new release. However, we should consider a name that has significance for
the hosting community. Naming releases alphabetically is a convenience for
speakers of Western languages, and the Openstack community is global. I
don't think a slight deviation from previous naming convention will confuse
anyone.

It has been pointed out the Hong Kong Openstack summit could attract
thousands of new developers, and so the name of the release should be
something that this new community can easily identify. I'm sure a large
number of Openstack community members wondered what the heck "Bexar" meant
at first (I'm from San Antonio). :)

In short, I think we should defer to the suggestions made by our hosts in
Hong Kong and China.

I move we set a deadline to pick the most popular 7 names (a common lucky
number (七, Pinyin <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pinyin>: qī) symbolizes
"togetherness" - wikipedia.org) and then vote soon on them after.

John Hebert