Hi,

I never worked with Ironic but i think when it boots a machine with PXE it
use the ironic conductor to get an image from glance and deploy it as any
other VM on nova.

Take a look to the user guide of ironic, they provide 2 diagrams with the
architecture and explain how it works:

http://docs.openstack.org/developer/ironic/deploy/user-guide.html#

Regards!




2014-06-04 13:20 GMT+02:00 严超 <[email protected]>:

> Hi, All:
>         I searched a lot about how ironic automatically install image on
> bare metal. But there seems to be no clear workflow out there.
>         What I know is, in traditional PXE, a bare metal pull image from
> PXE server using tftp. In tftp root, there is a ks.conf which tells tftp
> which image to kick start.
>         But in ironic there is no ks.conf pointed in tftp. How do bare
> metal know which image to install ? Is there any clear workflow where I can
> read ?
>
>
>
> *Best Regards!*
>
>
> *Chao Yan --------------**My twitter:Andy Yan @yanchao727
> <https://twitter.com/yanchao727>*
>
>
> *My Weibo:http://weibo.com/herewearenow
> <http://weibo.com/herewearenow>--------------*
>
> _______________________________________________
> Mailing list:
> http://lists.openstack.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/openstack
> Post to     : [email protected]
> Unsubscribe :
> http://lists.openstack.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/openstack
>
>
_______________________________________________
Mailing list: http://lists.openstack.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/openstack
Post to     : [email protected]
Unsubscribe : http://lists.openstack.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/openstack

Reply via email to