On 10/16/2015 11:08 AM, Chris Friesen wrote:

Someone recently asked me a question about keypairs and multiple users
and I thought I'd clarify a few things:

1) Each keypair is associated with a specific user.

2) A user cannot see a keypair belonging to another user.

3) If a user is part of multiple projects then any keypair owned by that
user is available to them regardless of what project they're currently
using.

Are the above correct?

Yes.

However, the above information doesn't seem to be explicitly documented
anywhere.

For example,
"http://docs.openstack.org/user-guide/cli_nova_configure_access_security_for_instances.html";
says, "You can create at least one key pair for each project. You can
use the key pair for multiple instances that belong to that project."
Note the fact that it's talking about the project, not the user.

Similarly,
"http://docs.openstack.org/user-guide/configure_access_and_security_for_instances.html";
says, "Each project should have at least one key pair.....The key pair
can be used for multiple instances that belong to a project."  Later on
it says "Create at least one key pair for each project.".  Again,
project rather than user.

Yes, I believe the documentation should be fixed to focus on the user owner not the project/tenant. Please do file a doc bug.

Thanks Chris!
-jay