On 10/10/16 06:36, Clint Byrum wrote:
Excerpts from Mark Kirkwood's message of 2016-10-03 15:23:10 +1300:
On 03/10/16 09:28, Turbo Fredriksson wrote:

On Oct 2, 2016, at 9:02 PM, Remo Mattei wrote:

Production ready will not be deployed from source.
Not surprised, but why not?
As I understand it, the devstack images (last time I looked...Kilo or
Liberty) :

- attempt to rsync trove guestagent binaries from (probably) hosts
running the trove scheduler/taskmanager
- (perhaps) expect to be able to rsync as user stack

...now the deployment documentation stated that such a setup was *not*
suitable for production. i.e a 'proper' trove guest image should have
the guestagent package installed.

I think a bit more help supplied to Turbo would be good (we *say* that
Openstack is a welcoming place for new comers...we haven't quite lived
up to that in this thread I feel)

Mark, we're welcoming, but we also don't really have time to reiterate
on solved issues because somebody doesn't like the answer we gave.

This is solved in all of the ways trove is already deployed in the
numerous production ready deployment systems. One can simply go read
how they do it and copy, or even just read the Trove manuals, but our
friend seems to want a new answer for some reason.

Plenty of examples here:

http://codesearch.openstack.org/?q=guestagent&i=nope&files=&repos=

Thanks Clint - and I do see your point. The link you posted *is* useful and helpful!

I gave criticism as I thought (from what I saw of the email thread here), that some of the previous responses - essentially - use devstack images or get lost...were not very welcoming (or even correct)!

regards

Marfk