On 29/11/16 16:59, Mark Kirkwood wrote:

I'm seeing quite a lot of:

Nov 29 16:52:34 cat-wgtn-ostor001 object-server: Error reading recon cache file: #012Traceback (most recent call last):#012 File "/opt/cat/openstack/swift/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/swift/common/middleware/recon.py", line 81, in _from_recon_cache#012 with openr(cache_file, 'r') as f:#012IOError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: '/var/cache/swift/drive.recon'

in the object server log. From looking at the code, it seems to me that drive.recon is created on demand, so it is quite normal for no such file to exist (i.e this probably should not be an error). Further I note that /var/cache/swift appears to be setup ok for swift to write to:

$ ls -l /var/cache/swift
total 12
-rw------- 1 swift swift 465 Nov 29 16:57 account.recon
-rw------- 1 swift swift 524 Nov 29 16:57 container.recon
-rw------- 1 swift swift 711 Nov 29 16:55 object.recon

...so I thinking that (unless I'm missing something) we really should not be logging this at all.

Wondering if this was missed as I posted it the same time as the question about rsync files...?