Hi

With regards to this.

3) Why Task status of  instancexx is showing as Powering Off in horizon after
'virsh start instancexx' in the compute node?? Why it is not starting the VM
with the manually customized .xml file of libvirt??

I think by default if you power on an instance via the virsh command on a
hypervisor whilst nova thinks the instance should be shutoff that nova will
initiate a shutdown again, to ensure the hypervisor state and the nova state
match.

I believe it is configurable, but I’m struggling to remember where.

Rgds
Steve

Steven Relf - Technical Authority Cloud Native Infrastructure
sr...@ukcloud.com
+44 7500 085 864
www.ukcloud.com
A8, Cody Technology Park, Ively Road, Farnborough, GU14 0LX
Notice: This message contains information that may be privileged or
confidential and is the property of UKCloud Ltd. It is intended only for the
person to whom it is addressed. If you are not the intended recipient, you are
not authorised to read, print, retain, copy, disseminate, distribute, or use
this message or any part thereof. If you receive this message in error, please
notify the sender immediately and delete all copies of this message. UKCloud
reserves the right to monitor all e-mail communications through its networks.
UKCloud Ltd is registered in England and Wales: Company No: 07619797.
Registered office: Hartham Park, Hartham, Corsham, Wiltshire SN13 0RP.