On 04/06/2018 01:28 PM, s serge wrote:
I'm evaluating an installation and everything from networking side was looking
until I tried to reach a VM host via private network from another VM via ssh.
1. Spawn a VM
2. Associate a floating IP
3. Logon to VM via ssh on public network
4. Spawn another VM
5. Try to reach 1st VM via ssh private network IP - FAIL.
6. ICMP to 1st VM IP via private network works well.
Looks pretty weird for me as according to logs everything looks fine,
both VM got assigned a private IP and fetches metadata info.
Some notes about setup:
Separate interfaces for management, private(VXLAN) and external network.
Dozen of similar servers.
I'll continue to debug the issue, but appreciate any relevant feedback.
I would check two things:
1. Security groups are allowing port 22
2. MTU is set correctly, should probably be 1450 if you're using VXLAN,
which should have been set via the DHCP reply
Mailing list: http://lists.openstack.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/openstack
Post to : email@example.com
Unsubscribe : http://lists.openstack.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/openstack