Hi colleagues,

in order to change (increase) boot disk's size "on the fly", I can do the following sequense of commands without stopping VM:

: openstack volume set --state available <volume-id>
: openstack volume set --state in-use --size 32 <volume-id>

and, if properly configured, disk will be automatically resized by cloud-init during next reboot.

Is it dangerous to change volume state to "available" while VM is actively working? Which side-effects I can face while doing this?

Thank you.

--
Volodymyr Litovka
  "Vision without Execution is Hallucination." -- Thomas Edison