Le 20/09/2013 17:09, Alexander Graf a écrit :
>
> Am 20.09.2013 um 09:56 schrieb Guillaume Gardet <[email protected]>:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> it seems that panda and beagle legacy support (I mean non Device Tree 
>> support) will be dropped more or less quickly.
>> To prepare openSUSE for the switch, I made dtb-omap3-beagle and 
>> dtb-omap4-panda packages in my home repo. Where should I submit them? 
>> openSUSE:Factory:ARM, or a devel project?
>> Moreover, I made those packages 'noarch' type since DTB is not arch specific 
>> but it would also make sense to make them 'armv7' arch type since it is only 
>> used on armv7 boards.
>>
>> Instead of making a package for each board, another way would be to build 
>> all DTB supported by our kernel version (using 'make dtbs' while building 
>> linux kernel, for each flavour), but DTB may be removed from kernel sources 
>> since they should not be kernel specific.
>>
>>
>> What is your opinion?
> It is a pretty tough call. IIUC the kernel guys want to move the dts's out of 
> the kernel tree sometime soon, so having them separate makes sense. Whether 
> this should be one rpm that rpm "provide"s each dtb contained in it or it's 
> separate rpms I don't know. I am leaning towards seperate rpms, but I guess 
> whoever implements it wins.

Ok. Having separate RPM for each board should be better to not pollute /boot 
partition with lots of DTBs.

>
> As for architecture, we definitely want to limit the installable scope. I 
> don't want to see panda dtbs installable in my aarch64 system. Can we do that 
> with a noarch rpm?

No, 'noarch' is compatible with all architectures. So, to limit installable 
scope, we should use ExclusiveArch armv7*. Technically speaking, it should be a 
noarch package, but it should not hurt if we make them armv7 packages. ;)


Guillaume

>
>
> Alex
>
>> Guillaume
>>
>> -- 
>> To unsubscribe, e-mail: [email protected]
>> To contact the owner, e-mail: [email protected]
>>

-- 
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [email protected]
To contact the owner, e-mail: [email protected]

Reply via email to