Le 07/11/2013 15:12, Alexander Graf a écrit :
> On 07.11.2013, at 14:37, Guillaume Gardet <guillaume.gar...@free.fr> wrote:

>>> I can try, but if I don't get around until Saturday it won't happen for at
>>> least another week.
>> Ok. Thanks.

>>> IIRC I set everything up in a way that you can always override any variable
>>> from nvram, if you have persistent nvram.
>> At u-boot load, u-boot try to get a working environment from flash, if it
>> fails it redefines all vars. Moreover, in our script, we do not call saveenv
>> to save datas. So, it should be fine to reset bootpart before updating it.
>> No? Maybe I miss something, since I am not familiar with nvram.
> Ok, forget what I said.
>
> So you're saying that the for loop does not update $bootpart when it already
> contains a value? That sounds pretty broken. Yes, just reset it before the
> for loop then.

Yes, this is what I said. (Tested on pandaboard). Maybe it is not broken but a
feature? ;)

>>> We want to change the var name.
>> Ok. load_fdt or something else?
> Let's make it obvious:
>
>   should_load_fdt
>   should_use_fdt

Ok.

One more thing. Upstream uses $fdtfile and we are using $fdt. Should we update
to $fdtfile? I think so, since beagle and panda have a special function
(findfdt) which set $fdtfile to the right file for a given board
version/revision.

>>> Not at all.
>>>
>>> On highbank and midway we already get a working device tree preloaded by
>>> firmware. There we do not have to load an fdt, but only use it.
>> Good to know. Thanks for info.
>> In melea1000/cubieboard, we load DT but we do not use it (in bootz cmdline).
>> Does the kernel read a specific addr for DT or is it a bug?
> I'd say it's a bug. But I know very little about the way Allwinner SoCs work.

Well, it seems it is not very a DT but they call this a sys_config file. So
let's it like this.

> Hrm. Maybe the kernel gets relocated down? I have no idea.
> functions it wants to call. We should never reach that as instructions that
> get executed.
>
> I'm also slightly confused why this happens. This is the same kernel as the
> beagle one, right? So there really should be no major difference between the
> two kernel execution paths.

Yes, this is very strange. Maybe a bad loading addr? Or an overlap with initrd?
I do not know.

Guillaume