Le 10/03/2014 16:15, Andrew Wafaa a écrit :
> On 10 March 2014 14:17, Guillaume Gardet <guillaume.gar...@free.fr> wrote:
>> Le 10/03/2014 12:34, Guillaume Gardet a écrit :
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I will update and re-enable the ARM kernel configs for Factory but I would
>>> like to confirm that LPAE is / should be a -default kernel, with LPAE
>>> support and KVM enabled.
>>>
>>> Am I right?
>> I think LPAE is only available on cortex-A15 and cortex-A7 (and armv8). So,
>> we may also remove boards with cortex-A8, cortex-A9 and only keep
>> cortex-A15, cortex-A7 boards?
>> But it should not hurt if we keep them.
>>
>> The idea is to rebase -lpae on -default to only have a LPAE/KVM diffrence
>> between lpae and default flavours.
>>
> Would it be possible to have Xen fully enabled on the LPAE/KVM kernel
> too? I believe the missing option is XEN_COMPAT_XENFS.

I think you already sent a patch for this one, no?

CONFIG_XEN_COMPAT_XENFS help in kernel says:
The old xenstore userspace tools expect to find "xenbus"
under /proc/xen, but "xenbus" is now found at the root of the
xenfs filesystem.  Selecting this causes the kernel to create
the compatibility mount point /proc/xen if it is running on
a xen platform.

So, it should affect only old tools. No?
13.1 -lpae kernel has it. Not sure why Factory does not have it.

Guillaume