Op woensdag 26 november 2014 12:08:53 schreef Freek de Kruijf:
> I am trying to set up a mail server on my RPi and need freshclam and clamd.
> A problem seems to be that they start before ntp has properly set the date
> and time.
>
> I tried adding in the files /usr/lib/systemd/system/freshclam.service and
> /usr/lib/systemd/system/clamd.service that they should run after finishing
> the ntpd.service and also tried ntp-wait.service but that did not work.
> When asking for the systemctl status for these services I still see log
> entries with "Jan 01" as date. Only the last log line has the than current
> date.

Enabling the debug log in clamd I found that clamd takes a very long time to
start. This triggers the timeout in systemd, which allows only 90s for a
process to start. So I did put a line TimeoutStartSec=600s in the file
/usr/lib/systemd/system/clamd.service which allows more time for clamd to
finish properly. When looking at the log 270s should be enough.

--
fr.gr.

member openSUSE
Freek de Kruijf