Op dinsdag 17 februari 2015 13:39:56 schreef u:
> Le 17/02/2015 11:50, Freek de Kruijf a écrit :
> > Is there another way to establish a proper connection? Is there a command
> > to make the Ethernet interface in the RPi the slave and to start a new
> > negotiation?
>
> Maybe just a matter of DHCP (dynamic IP address). You may try to run "dhcpcd
> eth0" from RPi command line, to force a DHCP request on your eth0
> interface.

The network software does that already, but first it needs to have a proper
Ethernet connection. I read that the Ethernet interface in the RPi can
establish both the master as well the slave state. Apparently the firmware in
the Ethernet interface does the negotiation about the master/slave status. In
master status the RPi should function as a DHCP server instead of a DHCP
client, but the software always assumes the client status.

--
fr.gr.

member openSUSE
Freek de Kruijf