Hi,

Am Mittwoch, 25. September 2019, 13:16:37 CEST schrieb Matthias Brugger:

> On 25/09/2019 11:57, Fabian Vogt wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > Am Dienstag, 24. September 2019, 16:49:42 CEST schrieb Matthias Brugger:
> >> Hi,

> >> I'm working on some (still hacky) support for RPi4.
> >> You can find the JeOS image in my home project [1].
> >> Beware that I was able to break the build of U-Boot yesterday. I'll try to
> >> fix
> >> this tonight.
> >
> > I just gave that image a try and after a while staring at a console with no
> > activity I noticed that it's the JeOS with jeos-firstboot, so I had to
> > remove
> > "console=tty" to actually see anything. Using the HDMI console won't really
> > work without USB support.
>
> Why? HDMI output should work.

Yes, but without any ability for interaction not really useful.

> > Also, chrony-wait should be disabled, it delays booting by 10min as no
> > network is currently working.
>
> Yes, networking is on my list.
>
> > What doesn't work:
> > - USB (expected), but the OTG port seems to be available. It's forced to
> > host
> >   mode by the kernel though as gadget support is not enabled
> > - WiFi: brcmfmac: brcmf_sdio_htclk: HT Avail timeout (1000000): clkctl 0x50
> >   I see that you force-disabled WiFi stuff in JeOS.kiwi, I had to copy over
> > the
> >   firmware manually
>
> Does it work reliably? I heard that it has some hick-ups.

It doesn't work at all here, it fails because of the mentioned timeout.

> > - Ethernet: Gets detected just fine, but when actually sending packets the
> >   kernel freezes (sometimes with
> >   NETDEV WATCHDOG: eth0 (bcmgenet): transmit queue 1 timed out)
> > - Sometimes the UART (clock?) glitches and there's garbled text
>
> Really? Did you change anything in the config.txt? I haven't experienced this
> up
> to now.

Nope. I see it occasionally after between grub and the login prompt. I can't
100% rule out a bad connection, but as it doesn't glitch out after logging in
at all I think that's unlikely.

> > What does work:
> > - u-boot, grub, kernel, sd card, serial
> > - I/O activity LED :D
> > - cpufreq: Speed of "bc" corresponds roughly to CPU frequency
> >
> > So very nice progress already!
>
> Thanks :)
>
> > I'll try to build a kernel with dwc2 peripheral support, maybe that's
> > enough.
> > Probably not though, considering it's USB-C...
>
> That's not enough. Nicolas is working on some patches to enable PCI, which is
> needed by USB.

For the USB-A ports, yes. Also for USB-C which is connected to the dwc2 which
the kernel already initializes properly?

My kernel-default wasn't picked up by OBS yet for the last three hours :-/

Cheers,
Fabian