Hello Axel,

On 2020-02-23 T 17:03 +0100 Axel Braun wrote:

> Except that I feel that one should not use btrfs on a 32GB
> SD card

one of the reasons to use btrfs for the RPi image (I know that
at least for SUSE Linux Enterprise) is that it is compressed
and thus the low IO-throughput of the SD card interface is
accelerated; assuming a compression rate for the OS part of
more than 30%, the performance factor should be similar for
reads and writes.

Hope this helps.

SO long -
        MgE

--
Matthias G. Eckermann,    Director Product Management Linux Platforms
SUSE Software Solutions Germany GmbH - Maxfeldstr. 5 - 90409 Nürnberg