Op 09-04-2020 om 14:19 schreef Matthias Brugger:

On 4/9/20 1:06 PM, Jogchum Reitsma wrote:
Not for the first time, I managed to send my answer not to the list....
Apologies!

Below my response on Guillaume

Op 06-04-2020 om 11:16 schreef Guillaume Gardet:
Hi,

It seems that Odroid N2 support is part of upstream kernel and is also
in upstream U-Boot.
The problem is it requires some binary-only blobs as explained at
https://gitlab.denx.de/u-boot/u-boot/-/blob/master/board/amlogic/w400/README.odroid-n2

So, not sure how we could package it properly on OBS to create a
proper image.

Cheers,
Guillaume

I don't know enough from packaging (in fact I know nothing about
that...) to understand why the necessity to incorporate binary blobs
prohibits packaging here, but of course I'll take your word for that.

Any chance the situation changes in the near future?

The binary blobs would need a license that allows distribution of them.
With that I think we can put them into a OBS project.

Regards,
Matthias

Ah, yes, now it becomes clear to me. Thanks.

Any chance such a license will be given (by Amlogic,, I suppose)?
Anything I can do (not, I suppose)?

Regards, Jogchum

But, IIUC, this depends on Amlogic providing sources for the firmware
and for tools needed to create the bootloader image, so I think you
don't have  a clue neither.

Thanks for your response!

cheers, Jogchum