Hi Mark,

On 12/07/2020 20:34, Mark Petersen wrote:
On Sun, 2020-07-12 at 20:19 +0200, Matthias Brugger wrote:

On 12/07/2020 19:26, Mark Petersen wrote:
I have an Odroid XU4 that I tried installing openSUSE on with the
XU3
image from here:
http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/devel:/ARM:/Factory:/Contrib:/Odroid/images/

But there must be enough differences in the device tree and/or u-
boot
between the XU3/XU4 that it will not boot. I dd'ed the image to an
SD
card and it gets this far:

U-Boot 2019.10 (Oct 26 2019 - 16:24:56 +0000) for ODROID-
XU3/XU4/HC1/HC2

CPU:   Exynos5422 @ 800 MHz
DRAM:  2 GiB
MMC:   EXYNOS DWMMC: 0, EXYNOS DWMMC: 2
using
default environment

In:    serial
Out:   serial
Err:   serial
Model: Odroid XU3 based on EXYNOS5422
Net:   No ethernet found.
Hit any key to stop autoboot:  0
switch to partitions #0, OK
mmc2 is current device
** Unrecognized filesystem type **
Scanning mmc 2:3...
Found U-Boot script /boot/boot.scr
2654 bytes read in 19 ms (135.7 KiB/s)
## Executing script at 50000000
SCRIPT FAILED: continuing...
Scanning mmc 2:1...
Found EFI removable media binary efi/boot/bootarm.efi
libfdt fdt_check_header(): FDT_ERR_BADMAGIC
Scanning disk m...@12200000.blk...
Disk m...@12200000.blk not ready
Scanning disk m...@12220000.blk...
Found 4 disks
BootOrder not defined
EFI boot manager: Cannot load any image
905216 bytes read in 111 ms (7.8 MiB/s)
libfdt fdt_check_header(): FDT_ERR_BADMAGIC
Welcome to GRUB!
... It then loads the ram disk, kernel, and stalls after loading
memory
map. - Not suprising after seeing that boot.scr script failed.

The XU3 has not been produced since 2015, and Hardkernel has
pledged
support of the XU4/HC1/HC2 for some years yet. What are the chances
that we could get a working image for the XU4?

We are always happy to have new active members of the community. So
if you are
interested to add the support yourself we can guide you what to do.

Regards,
Matthias

Matthias,

I would be willing to try, but I would need quite a bit of
guidance/hand-holding as I am not any kind of a programmer.

Please have a look on the email I wrote a month ago, it will describe the basic steps. Then feel free to ask more questions here or on IRC (#opensuse-arm):
https://lists.opensuse.org/opensuse-arm/2020-06/msg00019.html

Regards,
Matthias