On Wednesday 08 February 2006 14:06, Andreas Jaeger wrote:
> Frank-Michael Fischer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
> > Does anyone have an idea, why my installation of the opensuse-factory
> > via FTP fails both ways, when going via internet or from my local rsync
> > mirror? When going local FTP, installation complains there are no
> > packages groups available after choosing Gnome or KDE. When going
> > internet the installation just hangs at "Software Auswahl" without
> > complaining.
>
> Wait for the next sync tomorrow, we're currently integrating our new
> packagemanager,
>
> Andreas

I thought Friday was the new date?

As an update to my comment made in the status meeting, yum does not handle 
srpm's.  I still believe, not for this version for obvious reasons, that 
being able to handle srpm's through the package manager is a Very Good Thing 
(TM).  Perhaps this can go onto a wishlist for the future... I'll try and put 
down a good idea of what I think would work, why, etc, and post up a feature 
request once I can.

Joseph M. Gaffney
aka CuCullin

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
For additional commands, e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Reply via email to