David Bolt <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> On Fri, 24 Feb 2006, Stefan Dirsch <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:-
>
>
>>* X11 configuration during installation is totally broken in Beta5 due
>>  to a bug in package manager. Instead of the native X11 driver fbdev or
>>  even vesa driver will be configured. In order to create a valid X11
>>  configuration stop xdm ("rcxdm stop") and use SaX2 for configuration
>>  ("sax2 -r"). ATI users should update the radeon driver first before
>>  executing SaX2. Otherwise the result will likely be a blank
>>  screen. Driver RPMs for i386/x86_64 are attached to Bug 153367.
>>
>>Meanwhile I've added this information to
>>http://en.opensuse.org/Bugs:Most_Annoying_Bugs
>
> Apparently, I managed to miss that bug due to performing an update from
> beta 3, rather than doing a fresh install. Running "sax2 -r" under
> runlevel 3 also worked. This was on an Acer Aspire 3002 notebook using
> an SiS 660 chip-set.
>
> However, I did fall foul of another when the package manager decided it
> was going to install packages from the default selection even I told it
> not to bother adding them. Deselecting the games that would normally be
> installed during the update didn't appear to stop the package manager
> from installing them.

Please create a bugreport with complete log files!

Thanks,
Andreas
-- 
 Andreas Jaeger, [EMAIL PROTECTED], http://www.suse.de/~aj/
  SUSE Linux Products GmbH, Maxfeldstr. 5, 90409 Nürnberg, Germany
   GPG fingerprint = 93A3 365E CE47 B889 DF7F  FED1 389A 563C C272 A126

Attachment: pgpK9BZUrUyOX.pgp
Description: PGP signature

Reply via email to