On Mon, Feb 27, 2006 at 10:19:48AM +0100, Joachim Reichelt wrote:
> Dear all,
> 
> I just run into a "funny" problem witch a2ps.
> In germany we have usually A4 paper.
> So using a2ps <filenam> is o.k.
> Now I had to set
> LANG=en_US.UTF-8
> now a2ps prints to letter format.
> During install of a2ps there shold changed line 17:
> Options: --medium=LC_PAPER
> to
> Options: --medium=A4
> 
> Reason:
> Papersize has to depend on installation and not on users language.
> The paper format is usually set by tha admin.

And if you have a smart admin he will just set LC_PAPER and not hardcode a
value to hundreds of programs.  I confess that not everyone has a smart admin
but if you suffer from this you could still explain this to him or her.

Robert

-- 
Robert Schiele                  Tel.: +49-621-181-2214
Dipl.-Wirtsch.informatiker      mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

"Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum sonatur."

Attachment: pgppihxvjA0al.pgp
Description: PGP signature

Reply via email to