Randall,

Op donderdag 8 maart 2007 18:11, schreef Randall R Schulz:
> CVS and Subversion are the most widely used open-source version
> control / source code management systems and both are included in
> openSUSE. Many users of one or both of these also use ViewVC or
> ViewCVS. This is also included. There's one missing piece: cvsgraph
> (optional support for which is built into ViewVC). I believe there's a
> large number of people who would like to have the additional
> functionality provided by it and that the complete set of related
> packages should be included.
>
> But what are the criteria for inclusion? What percent of the users must
> use a package to get it included?
>
> If you start with this offhand "I don't need it and don't see why more
> than a handful of users would" justification for excluding packages
> (explicitly requested packages, no less), then where does it end? With
> an operating system release with no more application software than MS
> Windows? Of course not, but I'd strongly prefer continuing in the other
> direction--"all comers welcome."

the Build server is really the right place for this.  If someone urgently
need, than just build it in the build server as is the case of all those
other hunderds perhaps thousands of packages.  Scratch that itch and we will
be happier susers ;)
Perhaps the
http://ftp-1.gwdg.de/pub/opensuse/repositories/Subversion/openSUSE_10.2/i586/
maintainers will add it to their repository.  Perhaps you can join them?

--
Richard Bos
We are borrowing the world of our children,