Andreas Jaeger schreef:
> I have so far the the following topics for tomorrows meeting:
>
> * Enabling more network services to be Network manager aware, e.g. ntp
>   and autofs

Network should go up automaticly, after wake from suspend to disk, now
this has to be done manualy.

> * checkin policy for specific projects and how to track them
>   Current example is postgresql.
>   [I don't have details for this one yet]
>
> * AppArmor: Move the profiles from the single package to the packages
>   they belong to
>
> * Faster booting?
>   What can be done here?

Creation of a configfile, from the detection at installtime, in which
the HW is listed, and the order of connecting. (boot.ini?, conf, in
which services can be commented on or of..)
Perform a scan for new HW after the system is booted up.
Ad manual option to scan for new HW.
(monitor should be checked allways, autoconf with sax, finetune evt lateron)
Network up as early as possible, ingates closed (except dhcp) until cli
can be used.

> * Shrink the basepackages
>
>   With todays changes we seem to be able to do a self-contained
>   build of base with just 72 source packages (spec files).  By heavily
>   stripping the set of basepacks of course.  And we have side-by-side
>   compiles against the openSUSE config to compare logfiles (no differences
>   sofar).

This sounds realy great! What will the size of the base be then?

> Any comments for these already?

Starts to look how it should be now.

> Andreas

- --

Have a nice day,

M9.               Now, is the only time that exists.

  OS:  Linux 2.6.18.2-34-default x86_64
  Huidige gebruiker:  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
  Systeem:  openSUSE 10.2 (X86-64)
  KDE:  3.5.5 "release 45.2"