Hi Beau,
I have a few points below.

On 2018-07-17 06:30, Beau Mathieson wrote:
Hi Doug,

Thanks for the welcoming response, to begin with I would like to
apologise for taking my time to get back to you.

I could completely understand for the reasoning to ditch meetings
and I like the fact that the team is eager to increase adoption. I also
absolutely agree we should have a better arsenical of stock graphics for
our communications, and if we take a look at research conducted by
Twitter, posts containing videos or images had three times more
engagement then those that did not. Perhaps this is an area in which
would could collaborate with the Artwork team?

The branding guidelines were established a few years back - https://opensuse.github.io/branding-guidelines/ People have contributed in various ways and have done a good job using the guidelines. It would be great to have some stock images made like you suggest. The artwork team is aware of this, but it really comes down to time and there ability to make a unified theme of stock images.

What I would like to see is a unified approach to publishing content to
our major social media pages (Twitter and Facebook). For example,
the last post on the Facebook page was the 6th of July and if I be blunt
here the quality of the content on these pages is in my opinion
sub-standard. This is shown though the low engagement levels on
those pages, which the average engagement per post around about
10 retweets/likes, which is pretty poor
considering we have 61,000 followers on Twitter and 11,000 followers on
Facebook. What I believe we should do, is, create a strategy for perhaps
as an example, monthly marketing campaigns in which we base our content
on targeted demographics and their related use cases, while still
incorporating announcements/blogs in to the mix. I believe this approach
would help drive adoption. I would love to know whether or not we have
any social media analytics? I understand Twitter allows profiles to
view audience insights into both organic audiences and followers.I would
love to view the data from that.

Yes, this is a good idea and sometimes we are able to do this. I am able to add you as an editor to some of the social media pages if you would like to help with posts. We have different people with access and they post on occasion, especially when I am on leave like I had been the past two weeks. We could come up with some monthly themes and do some brainstorming if you are interested. We can create a page on https://etherpad.opensuse.org and put together some ideas. How does that sound?

v/r
Doug